Website data is (or should be) important to every site owner and there is no better place that collects data than Google Analystics! This week See My Designs by Shauna is bringing you a free tutorial on how to add Google Analytics to your WordPress site.
Create a Google Analystics Account
- Sign up for free if you don’t already have an account
- From the Dashboard select the Admin tab
- Select “+ New Account”, add your site info/URL, and select “Get Tracking Key”.
- Copy the tracking key
Link your website to the Google Analytics Account
- Log-in to your WordPress site
- Navigate to Theme Settings and paste the tracking code into the Header or Footer field
Note: You can also download the wpAnalytics plug-in if you have trouble finding the Header/Footer fields and insert your tracker code that way.
Google Analystics will now start tracking all of your website data! If you have any questions about how to link your Google Analytics account to WordPress please leave your question(s) in the comments!