I believe that graphics bring a lot to the table in blog posts. Of course, I am a very visual person (thus my career) – but i think that even for those inclined toward words and stuff :), the occasional graphic to break things up, is welcome and beneficial.
One of the most common complaints that I hear after moving a client from Blogger to WordPress is that you can’t bulk-insert images into a post. The process can be pretty tedious if you are adding more than 1 or 2 images to your post! I use a wonderful plugin called Faster Image Insert to overcome this obstacle.
Here are a few of the features of Faster Image Insert:
- No thickbox, using metabox with zero interface blocking, quite similar to the uploader in WordPress 1.5
- No hacking, default upload interface is not affected, only enhanced.
- Insert multiple images in gallery & library mode, without using shortcode; can also insert images in reversed order, and even control spacing between images.
- Mass info editing, change title/captions in one-shot.
- Smart switches: set default uploader, disable captions.
To add this plugin to your site – go to Plugins * Add New * Search “Faster Image Insert” * Install and Activate! Voila, you are ready to go!