- Custom blog design
- WordPress Theme customization
- Logo & header design
- Convert sites from Blogger to WordPress
- Convert static website to self-hosted WordPress site
- Fix Blogger to WordPress transfer problems
- Installation of pre-built templates with a custom header
- e-Commerce websites on WordPress
- WordPress forum integration
Custom Blog Design FAQ
Custom Blog Design
Based on your design needs, a custom blog design package could include the following services. Please ask about any services that you don’t see listed below.
- Custom Header Design
- Custom background & layout design
- Organization of home page, sub-pages and blog
- Social media integration
- Social media icon design
- Menu organization and customization
- Custom Favicon
- Forum integration
- eCommerce integration
- Plugin installation and set up
- Training session
- 6 week support
Click here for a custom blog design quote tailored to your needs. There are a number of factors that go into your project cost, so it is best for us to discuss those details before a firm proposal is provided.
If you have a smaller budget, please let us know and we will try our best to work within your budget!
STEP 1: Gather as much information as possible. A lot of times, this involves a phone call so that you and I can chat through your design & functionality needs.
STEP 2: Proposal including project cost and timeline
STEP 3: Client accepts proposal and submits 1st payment. Deposit is usually 50% of project cost. I accept payment via Paypal and check. Additional fees can apply for Paypal payments over a certain amount.
STEP 4: Shauna gets to work!
During the creative process, we will have a lot of communication via email and phone if needed. I am very open to changes and suggestions – most of my clients would describe me as pretty easy going. My kids may not tell you the same story. Many web designers set a revision rate so that they will be covered if a client makes numerous revisions to the design. I have been able to keep from setting revision rates over the past 4 years and would like to keep it this way. There are scenarios in which additional fees come up due to multiple changes – you will be notified of any additional fees before they are incurred.
STEP 5: Approval of design & LAUNCH!
Final payment is due at launch of website.
Yes. I am happy to design a logo for your blog/brand. Please let me know if you will need the logo for print as well.
If you already have a logo, I can design around it!
Logo design services start at $225.
If you are looking for a more affordable option, Logo Nerds that has logo design packages starting under $50!
- Copywriting services. This is not in my skill-set & you definitely don’t want me coming up with the words for your blog (if you haven’t figured that out already)! Please be prepared to provide me with any copy for taglines, pages & descriptions throughout your site.
- SEO. I know just enough about SEO to make me sound fairly intelligent. But I am no SEO expert. Scribe SEO shares the extent of my knowledge in this statement:
Some people think search engine optimization is a dark and mysterious art. But for online writers and content producers, it’s really as simple as 1, 2, 3:
- First, you need the right keywords, so you understand the language your readers, customers, or clients are using when they search for you.
- Second, you need compelling content that people love and search engines know is relevant to those searchers.
- Third, you need incoming links so search engines treat your site as a trusted and relevant source.
I recommend Scribe SEO if you are looking to achieve higher search engine rankings!
- Blog Design & Development using the Genesis Framework & a premium child theme from StudioPress
- Install & activate recommended plugins for optimal functionality & use (social media sharing & connectivity, blog backups & more)
- Organize post categories & home page layout
- Install site traffic analysis through Google Analytics (Find out who is visiting your website & how they got there!)
- Submit your blog sitemap to search engines
- Integrate look and feel with existing website
- 6 weeks of technical support
- Copywriting services
- SEO services
Blogger Migration FAQ
Blogger to Wordpress Migration
- Maintain your permalinks
- Move your posts, comments, images, links and tags
- Redirect your domain name to your new website
- Maintain your RSS feed subscribers
- Move up to 5 sidebar components (additional charge per sidebar item)
- A quick phone call to calm your nerves (probably the best part!)
I charge $225 for a basic migration from Blogger to WordPress. If you have over 1000 posts or over 20,000 comments, the project rate could be a little higher.
You should also consider the cost of hosting your new WordPress site. I offer affordable hosting packages for smaller blogs and small business websites. My hosting packages start at $50/year. You can also sign up for your own web hosting account through companies like Host Gator or Synthesis.
After your migration to a self-hosted WordPress site, you will likely want to make your site beautiful! I would love to help with your design needs and would be happy to offer a discounted migration rate for clients that also use me for your design needs.